Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Some finishes...

Last summer I picked up a fat quarter bundle of Vintage Modern.  I knew I wanted to make a summer weight quilt for our queen size bed but couldn't decide on a pattern.  Like everyone else, I'm also in love with Camille's Swoon -- so I finally bit the bullet and started cutting into the bundle...these blocks are huge - 24 inches.  I used flannel for the backing, no batting and machine quilted it.  I love how it came out and I think it will be perfect as a summer quilt.



I also made up a few scrappy mats with the little bits and pieces of cut-offs. I just kept sewing on whatever fit, squared the edges, and added binding.  Done!

I have a few other WIP's and I've joined bee in my bonnet's row-along.  I've cut up all the fabrics and have just started sewing up some rows in an effort to catch up...back to sewing now!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment