Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

Row Along Fabric Choices

A word about fabrics...

But first, when I saw the pile of fabrics Lori selected for her row along, I thought, I'm in big trouble!  I have a huge fabric stash of medium to dark fabrics that have a more folk art feel to them.  Now I'm drawn to bright, vintage colors - like Bonnie and Camille, Fig Tree, and Lori's lines.  And I definitely do not have a big stash of that.  I tend to use every last scrap!  So I didn't join the row along...but I definitely followed! So by Row 9, I thought, I can do this with jelly rolls and layer cakes!  I happen to love precuts and hoard buy them whenever I have some spare change.  So...

I'm using two 10" stackers (aka Layer Cakes) by Riley Blake:  Flutter by The Quilted Fish and Marguerite by Stitch Studios. And...

I'm using four Rolie Polies (aka Jelly Rolls) by Riley Blake:  Delighted and Apple of my Eye by The Quilted Fish and Sew Cherry and Polka Dot Stitches by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.  And...

A few charm squares from Verna by Kate Spain for Moda.

I did change the construction of a few of the blocks to accomodate the use of the Rolie Polies but the end result is the same.

And, I finished Row 9, Twinkly stars and just need to sew the sashing on Row 10.  Yay!  I'm all caught up!

Riley Blake Designs, "MARGUERITE" By Stitch Studios (22) 5" Quilt Fabric SquaresRiley Blake Designs 10" Stackers (10" Squares) Charms Bundle- Flutter

No comments:

Post a Comment