But first, when I saw the pile of fabrics Lori selected for her row along, I thought, I'm in big trouble! I have a huge fabric stash of medium to dark fabrics that have a more folk art feel to them. Now I'm drawn to bright, vintage colors - like Bonnie and Camille, Fig Tree, and Lori's lines. And I definitely do not have a big stash of that. I tend to use every last scrap!So I didn't join the row along...but I definitely followed! So by Row 9, I thought, I can do this with jelly rolls and layer cakes! I happen to love precuts and hoard buy them whenever I have some spare change. So...
I'm using two 10" stackers (aka Layer Cakes) by Riley Blake: Flutter by The Quilted Fish and Marguerite by Stitch Studios. And...
I'm using four Rolie Polies (aka Jelly Rolls) by Riley Blake: Delighted and Apple of my Eye by The Quilted Fish and Sew Cherry and Polka Dot Stitches by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet. And...
A few charm squares from Verna by Kate Spain for Moda.
I did change the construction of a few of the blocks to accomodate the use of the Rolie Polies but the end result is the same.
And, I finished Row 9, Twinkly stars and just need to sew the sashing on Row 10. Yay! I'm all caught up!
Over the last few days, I've been cutting, and cutting, and some more cutting. I put all the pieces for each row in a little zip lock baggie so when I was done with all that cutting, I'd be ready to grab a little baggie and start sewing. Well...
I did complete Row 4 - Apples...
And, I just need to add sashing strips to those adorable mugs. I think they would make great coasters/mug rugs and I have an idea about storing them but I need Sweet Hubby's help with that - Christmas gifts for next year?
Last summer I picked up a fat quarter bundle of Vintage Modern. I knew I wanted to make a summer weight quilt for our queen size bed but couldn't decide on a pattern. Like everyone else, I'm also in love with Camille's Swoon -- so I finally bit the bullet and started cutting into the bundle...these blocks are huge - 24 inches. I used flannel for the backing, no batting and machine quilted it. I love how it came out and I think it will be perfect as a summer quilt.
I also made up a few scrappy mats with the little bits and pieces of cut-offs. I just kept sewing on whatever fit, squared the edges, and added binding. Done!
I have a few other WIP's and I've joined bee in my bonnet's row-along. I've cut up all the fabrics and have just started sewing up some rows in an effort to catch up...back to sewing now!
and...Happy New Year!
and...I think I'm a time traveler. I cannot believe how quickly these last few months have gone by. So it's nearly the middle of January and I have lots of pictures of completions to post. I have been busy, busy, busy, these last few months. Hopefully, I'll post pics before another three holidays fly by...