Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebration Success!

So, the 4th of July celebration was wonderful!  The heat was nearly unbearable but everyone seemed to be having a blast!  We had a huge cloud roll in about an hour before the fireworks were scheduled - lots of thunder and lightening - but no rain.  A lot of people cleared out or sat in their cars for a while.  But by the time the fireworks started, there were stars in the sky and that storm had moved on.

As for the flag?  Well, they didn't need to use it, they were able to borrow one - and let me tell you, I thought the flag I was repairing was huge, well the flag that they used made the one I was repairing look like a mini flag!  I'm not kidding when I say that this flag had to be about 50 feet long!  They had it hanging from a crane (that was about 70 feet up) and they had lights on it during the Grand Finale - it was so beautiful and the crowd went wild!

It was a great day!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment